The SIA is tasked with ensuring the availability of qualified auditors to meet the needs of the world of trade and industry and society as a whole, and to exercise oversight of these auditors.
Our activities are conducted primarily in the following areas:
- Oversight and supervision
- Applications for authorisation, approval and registration
- Regulate and standardisation
- International co-operation
- Money-laundering and terrorism
The SIA's activities are completely funded by fees. Its revenue consists mainly of annual fees for all qualified auditors, and in particular annual fees from those auditors and audit firms that audit public interest entities, as well as examination fees for examinations of professional competence as authorised public accountants.